Sunday, November 29, 2009

Kickin' off Thanksgiving...

Peter and I were off on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving, but Bradley and Laurel Ann both had school. Since Peter doesn't have the everyday privilege of getting the kids out of bed, dressed, fed and out the door, I allowed him the experience. (I don't have it everyday either, Mom does it two days a week!) When it was time to pick up Laurel Ann, he swung by Sonic and took lunch to Bradley. Here's how they kicked off the holiday...

Beatles Rock Band! Very fun!

Peter's parents arrived from San Antonio that afternoon around 5:00. After dinner at El Jardin, Bradley received a cooking lesson from Peter's mom. Bradley wanted to make a chocolate chip cake that Peter's grandmother always made, and Kathy supervised the undertaking. She has the patience of Job...

Peter and I both love this picture because of Laurel Ann's pose in the background...


Concentration...(I tried different settings on my new camera...this one was without the flash.)

Final result...delicious!
The evening ended with everyone reading. Here Pops reads with Laurel Ann...


Bradley reading Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone...he finished it in two days!
Tomorrow...Day 2 of our Thanksgiving Extravaganza...

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I love that pic of Laurel Ann also! so cute!!